Your Dream Home Starts Here...
Northern utah's premiere Custom Home Builder
Hibbs Homes is a full-service home builder in Utah that specializes in custom home building. We've never built the same home twice, and will work with you to design and build your home from the ground up.
We are a nationally-recognized, high-performance home builder and every home we build is more comfortable, energy-efficient, and healthier than conventionally built homes.
Our proven processes are the foundation of an outstanding luxury home building experience, starting with our Proven Planning Process.
See inside some of the innovative, unique new home designs that the Hibbs Homes team has built. Our curated custom homes vary in style, size, form, and function because every home is designed around our clients' vision and goals. Get inspired for your new home construction project by exploring our floor plan library and gallery of recent projects.
BUILD YOUR HOME ON YOUR LAND
As a dedicated custom home builder, we build on lots owned by our clients throughout Northern Utah. If you want to build a custom designed home, we will work with your architect to plan a home that is unique to your land - whether it is a design to frame your mountain view or to take advantage of ski-out access. Our team can visit lots for sale with you and help you find property to fit with your plans and goals.
- With Kim's help we were able to better understand building restrictions in our location of interest and what that meant for lot size. That allowed us to hone in our target lot size, figure out prices paid by other builders, and be prepared should an opportunity present itself. Kim happened upon a lot that fit all of our criteria and that prior preparation allowed us to move quickly to secure the lot.
— Kevin M.
OUR HOME BUILDING PROCESS
Our approach to home building is built on unmatched communication and experience. Our commitment to excellence and proven processes have made us one of the best home builders in Utah.
Because communication is the foundation of an exceptional home building experience, we provide you with access to an online dashboard where you can easily monitor the progress of your project and communicate with our building team.
- The team at Hibbs Homes has provided us with excellent service in the process of building out our home. They are extremely informative and definitely know their stuff inside in out. It was awesome having their team walk us through every step of the process!
— Bryan Fernandez,
Verified Google Review
building better custom homes
To build a new home in Northern Utah you must hire a Utah licensed builder. The Utah B100 DOPL number shows that Hibbs Homes has undergone the certification process and met the educational requirements to build in Northern Utah.
Hibbs Homes is an active member of the Park City Home Builders Association and the National Association of Home Builders, where President Kim Hibbs serves on the national custom home builders board.
Hear from our homeowners...
Since 2004, we've worked closely with families across the St. Louis region, helping them to design and build their dream homes in their dream locations. From our first meeting to our final walk-through, each client works closely with the same team to guide them through the process. It is this close partnership and support that we provide that allows us to deliver a custom home that fulfills their vision.
We truly become your partner and advocate during your custom home construction project. Several of our clients have remained in contact with us to give us updates on their homes and share their energy-efficiency cost savings over the years. We've worked with clients to build a second home due to relocation and find that a lot of our business comes from referrals.
- When you build a custom home, communication is the key to eliminating the stress. That's what we appreciated the most. Hibbs Homes is exceptional at that part of the process.
— Vandeven Family
AWARD-WINNING CUSTOM HOME BUILDER
ABOUT SALT LAKE CITY HOME BUILDER HIBBS HOMES
Hibbs Homes is unlike any other Utah home builder because we specialize in building one-of-a-kind high-performance homes. Relying on decades of experience, we have a proven process for building custom homes that are better-built than preowned and conventionally built new homes. We are dedicated to building the best homes Northern Utah, and have been driven by this mission since we began building homes in 2004.
Building a New Home in Salt Lake City
The housing market in Northern Utah is one of the hottest in the country, and the growth in entertainment and job opportunities is a sure signal it won’t be slowing any time soon. The competition for housing has driven up the cost of existing homes and created a demand on the market to such a degree many looking to move to the area have found building a custom home is the the guaranteed way to buy a home in Salt Lake City.
As an exclusive Salt Lake Custom Home Builder, we work with homebuyers who are relocating to Utah for a job opportunity in the Silicon Slopes and want to build a single-family home that reflects their personal style and the way they live. Building a custom home is the solution for many Utahans who are having trouble finding the right home for their family in an increasingly competitive market.
We also build new homes for families who have visit Park City, Deer Valley, and Canyon Ski Resorts and want to build a vacation home that provides easy access to these world-famous ski resorts. Whatever reason has motivated you to build a new home, Hibbs Homes is the Salt Lake Custom Builder that can help you build the house you need exactly where you want to live.
Hibbs Homes can put you in touch with one of our Salt Lake City region Realtor® partners who specialize in finding land for new home construction. They can help you locate everything from lots in resort-style communities to private lots with acreage to infill solutions within established neighborhoods. As competition in the Salt Lake and Park City housing markets continues to grow, our real estate partners and our client relations team have access to opportunities to purchase land earmarked for new home construction and lots that are not available on the MLS.
Once you’ve found the right piece of land in Salt Lake County, Wasatch County, or Summit County to build your home, a member of the Hibbs Homes building team will walk the lot with you to assess the condition and any special recommendations that you'll need to consider during the home design process. We’ll work with your architect of choice to consider factors such as the topography of the lot, utility connections, and the placement of your home to not only ensure you're home will take advantage of the outstanding views, but also make sure your project is economically built and stays on schedule.
Building your dream home starts with finding the right piece of land in the right community and then designing a home that will last a lifetime. We can start the home building process using a floor plan you already have in mind and we partner with many outstanding architects and designers in Salt Lake City and Park City to design custom luxury homes designed and built for your lifestyle and your land. Whether it is a well-appointed Modern Prairie-style home in the Red Ledges or a Rambler in Hideout, we can help you build a truly inspired home in any of the open build resort-style communities throughout Northern Utah.
Cost to Build a Custom Home in Utah
As a dedicated custom home builder, Hibbs Homes understands the unique opportunities and challenges that come with building an original design for the first time. From value engineering to reduce waste to positioning your home and floor plan to take advantage of your mountain view, our expert construction team is your partner and advocate to make sure your home build is economical without compromising on style.
We recommend choosing a home builder as early in the process as possible to save time and money. In fact, many architects & designers prefer to have a custom home builder at the table from the beginning of the home design process because they can help make decisions that are in line with the current home construction market. Finding an experienced new home builder that you can communicate easily with will make your home building journey more rewarding and enjoyable over the long run.
At Hibbs Homes, every home we build seamlessly integrates high-performance and energy-efficient materials and practices - which means your home is more comfortable and requires less maintenance than pre-owned and conventionally built homes. Energy-efficient, or green homes, have lower monthly utility costs and withstand conditions the weather changes and conditions in Northern Utah.
Homes that are built for energy efficiency not only cost less to live in but also often have higher resale values. As an industry leading green home builder, Hibbs Homes has worked with clients to build highly efficient, fully certified green homes. However, not every client is required to certify their homes and some of our clients have chosen to integrate a number of sustainable home features into their home’s design.
- SOLAR PANELS - Solar panels use the sun’s ultraviolet rays to generate energy. By utilizing solar panels to power your home, you’ll realize a significant decrease in your monthly utility costs. There are a great number of incentives at the federal and local levels to offset the cost of installing solar panels on your custom home. Another option that we offer our clients is building a home that is “Solar Ready” - meaning that the infrastructure is in place to add solar panels at a future date with minimal modification.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT WINDOWS - Windows are one of the most important elements of an energy-efficient custom home. We will guide you through the window selection process in order to prevent heat loss or gain that would impact the performance of your home. One option to consider is the installation of energy-saving blinds that can be set on a schedule, so you won’t have your blinds open during the hottest parts of the summer.
- SMART THERMOSTATS Smart thermostats are essential when it comes to saving energy. Instead of having your thermostat set to the same temperature day and night when you don’t necessarily need it, you can set a schedule to have it heat or cool the home when you’re home. This means it won’t run as much when you’re away at work all day. This all translates to lower electric bills.
- INSULATION - The use of high-performance insulation in our custom homes reduces and controls the exchange of air between the inside to the outside. By controlling the exchange of hot and cold air, the home maintains a more consistent temperature creating a more comfortable living environment while reducing the use of your HVAC system.
Every home we build is designed to meet or exceed the EPA’s ENERGY STAR home building standards, Our integrated approach to creating better-built homes relies on proven processes and best practices for building to deliver homes with:
- Fewer air leaks and drafts due to our comprehensive air sealing, higher-performing doors and windows, and high-quality insulation.
- More comfortable, consistent temperatures throughout the entire house, room-to-room, floor-to-floor
- Higher durability water management system, including components such as flashing, moisture barriers, and heavy-duty membranes.
- Better indoor air quality because of the tighter building envelope and a high-performance air filter that reduces dust, pollen, viruses, and allergens.
Hibbs Homes Proven Process for New Home Construction
If you're ready to build a home on your land with your floor plans in Northern Utah, Hibbs Homes is here to guide you through the first steps of the home building process through moving day. Since 2004, we have partnered with clients to build truly unique, truly custom homes for today and tomorrow - homes that fit their lifestyles and their dreams. We encourage you to reach out to a variety of general contractors in to discover where you can find the best home building options for your needs.
The earlier you enlist a general contractor for your home building project, the more time and money you will save. Hibbs Homes has an experienced home building team that is ready to help you navigate the process from lot selection and design through closing and warranty, and we will ensure you have an exceptional home building experience. Building your dream home should be a fun process, and working with a home builder who will be your advocate and partner is the best place to start that journey.
We look forward to working with you to help you make your dream home a reality!